Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Metamorphosis

11''x17'' Illustration based on the novella written by Franz Kafka, The Metamorphosis. Read more about it here.

While this painting had literary been eating me away making me stay up one too many nights without a minute's sleep, drink bottom-less cups of coffee, and keep me sipping on five-hour energy I'm pretty much happy with this piece. Well, actually the hands aren't completed yet but I will be working on them later...as of now, I have one painting I need to complete, and another one I need to get started on! Work work work!
Everything is acrylic, except for the notes which were drawn with ink. This actually started out as a gouache piece but I was getting frustrated with that virtuous medium! So I went ahead and painted in acrylic right over the gouache...I really did spend a lot of time on this painting as simple as it looks.
Also, I might be changing the cockroach's legs to be two pairs of human legs, and a pair of human arms. Input please? I'd like some advice plus some ripping critiques please!

1 comment:

  1. ur kickin it up this semester. just thought id tell ya on the internet.

    ReplyDelete