Wednesday, October 14, 2009

buried.


"I know they buried her body with others, her sister and mother, and five-hundred families."

So this is what I've been working on...the past few weeks. I've been putting it off a lot because I have countless amounts of projects to keep myself busy on. But I'm happy this is complete.
I just drew this for myself. Not school.
The pile of dead bodies is what took me forever; it's actually a re-do of the first pile of corpses' that I had drawn and hated. The first part was finished fairly quickly...I have such a devotion to drawing lines.

Very much inspired by Craig Thompson, the brilliant artist and storyteller of the graphic novel "Blankets". His brushwork is beyond beautiful.

DOOT DOOT GARDEN
GOGOGO
Now.


Also, check out his blog, mkay?

No comments:

Post a Comment